• Why do we need regulations?
• Relevant materials
• Obtaining tissue for research
• Ensuring compliance
• Sample management: transfer, storage, use and disposal.
ELearning from Newcastle University:
• Learn anywhere with internet connectivity.
• The same Russell Group quality and delivery as provided for on-campus programmes.
• Receive a Certificate of Completion.
• Message board to ask questions directly to course tutors.
Newcastle University staff/students can access the training for free using their NCL login – please contact HTA.firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the course.
Organisations wishing to pay by invoice, or make a block booking - please email HTA.email@example.com
If you do not have a Newcastle University email address, but do work to actively collect samples to be transferred to one of Newcastle University’s NRES REC approved Research Tissue Banks, including taking consent and managing the samples in the clinic for transfer for the University, you are eligible to access the training for free. Please contact HTA.firstname.lastname@example.org stating the name of the Research Tissue Bank you are working under.
1. Users of the Human Tissue Act eLearning are required to read and comply with the Newcastle University Computer User's Agreement. Submission of your order signifies your acceptance of these terms.
2. Log-in details to enable you to access the training will be issued 1-2 working days following submission of your order.